Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started with Clinton and the kids bringing me breakfast in bed - homemade bircher muesli and juice. It was delicious! They spoiled me with gifts and treats, including an Intuos pro pad for editing photos..I still have to learn how to use it but it looks amazing. The kids and Clinton all gave me cards which were very thoughtful and sweet. Then we went to church and afterwards Clinton had to go into work. Unfortunately there had been a fire at the gas plant a couple of days before and everyone was working longer hours to get it up and running again. Clinton has been filling in for his boss the whole of May too which has made him even busier. 

Alissa with love heart flowers she made me in Nursery 
I decided we might as well do a BBQ for dinner at Hearson's Cove - then Clinton could drive straight there and meet us from work. The Bakers and the Rodoni's joined us and we invited the Pilkington's but Bryan was working from home that afternoon and flat out too. 
Mick made a bonfire for the kids...Alissa the fire bug!
Soot all over her face!! 
Pretty Indy 
The kids happily climbing the rocks 
Reeve, Harry, Milly and Tom 


Sienna and Milly - two of a kind! 

An iphone snap that Georgia took 
Lissy loves Georgia

The three Mum's having a burger made by the boys! 
Clinton felt really bad about not being around much on Mother's Day and not getting to make a special dinner at home. On Monday he had an RDO but only took some of the morning off and then had to go into work. During the morning he baked this raspberry and rhubarb tart from scratch (pastry and all) for a dessert that night. It was so yummy! He really is such an amazing husband, I'm very lucky. 
I did want to get a photo with me and the kids on mother's day but it didn't end up happening! Here are a few 'Sunday Selfie's' we have taken recently. Sunday always seems like the right time to get a photo because we are all looking half decent and often have some time to kill before church. I have been trying to get a few more photos of myself with the kids because I've heard one day I'll wish I had more of them (and I'm usually the one behind the camera)!!


Harry took this photo with my phone - he's a great little photographer. 
I had a lovely Mother's Day and felt very spoilt and appreciated by Clinton and the kids. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment