We took quite a few trips into the city centre of Florence, for dinner, for shopping and to site see. We always seemed to end up in the Piazza Della Repubblica - which has a carousel in the centre of it. We began to joke that all paths in Florence lead to the carousel because no matter where we would walk we seemed to arrive back there. From the carousel we also knew how to get home so it became our central meeting place.
On the Saturday Tam and I went exploring together while Bindi met up with some friends she used to know when she lived in Austria. Selfie in the Piazza Della Repubblica.
We walked to the jewellery strip on the Ponte Vecchio bridge and then went in search of Tiffany's as Tam wanted to buy a mini carousel as a souvenir of our time in Florence.
Ponte Vecchio views - unfortunately the sky was very white on the days we visited there so it is blown out in photos.
We saw this tour group wearing pizza hats and had a good chuckle! Poor things. Bindi saw them too and snuck a photo of them...
Tam and I walked and walked and discovered that Tiffany's was actually close to "the carousel" of course it was...
I had to take a photo of these dresses for Trent (who breeds snakes) I'm sure Darnae would love to wear these!
Glimpses of Duomo Cathedral
After so much walking Tam's legs were very sore and numb so she went home to rest. She really was amazing walking around with us when she was in so much pain. I met up with Bindi and her friends, some of whom still live in Austria and some in Italy...they flew in for a girls weekend to see Bindi. They were all really nice and lots of fun, we did some shopping together.
We went to the hotel where Bindi's friends were staying and sat in the roof top bar to look at the amazing view as the sun went down. 

Bindi took these two photos of me getting pictures of the view..
I wish I'd had a tripod or a flash!
We asked the concierge for a restaurant recommendation and got lost looking for it.
We found the restaurant in the end though and had such a funny night - the waiter was hilarious (and spoke just like "Franck" from 'Father of the Bride'. I had the most delicious Osso Bucco there too. It was a lovely day.
























No comments:
Post a Comment