Harrison came to me today and said, "today I'm playing a game called 'I am a busker' and you can play too Mum, you just need some money". He started playing the violin in the hallway and left his case in front of him to collect money. After the first song I threw in a few silver coins to which he responded, "you can only throw in gold coins in this game". So I told him I'd only throw in gold coins if he practised the hard pieces of music he was supposed to be working on this week. He worked really hard for his gold coins and collected a tidy sum after an hour or so. The only problem was by the time we got to his violin lesson that afternoon he'd had enough. His teacher said, "what's wrong with you today Harry?" he said, "my fingers are too sore from busking all morning". She just looked at me with a worried expression that said, "child labour?" Humph! More like "mummy exploitation".
No comments:
Post a Comment