Friday, November 13, 2015

Birthday Trip to Coral Bay/Exmouth

Clinton kept asking me what I'd like for my birthday in November - I really couldn't think of anything and really didn't need anything either! Then I said, half jokingly, what I'd really like was a weekend away as a family. Clinton then found an RDO weekend that worked and booked accomodation for us in Exmouth for two nights! I was so excited! We decided to stay one night in Coral Bay so that we were away for thee nights altogether. We made good time on the Friday and arrived in Coral Bay around lunch time. We checked in and then went straight to the beach. Clinton and Harrison went snorkeling while I relaxed on a deck chair watching the girls play in the sand! It was a really nice, relaxed afternoon. 


Clinton and Harry were gone for ages - they swam about three hundred metres looking for a reef called Ayres Rock. Clint was impressed with Harrison's stamina! 


Then on to sandcastle building...
Clinton bought Sienna a snorkel which she was excited (and a little bit nervous) to try out!
Burying the girls...
These two are so cute together - I'm glad they are such good friends. 

Harry is getting very skilled at sand sculpture!


We then went out for dinner at Bill's that night. Unfortunately I had gastro or food poisoning later that evening which was a little bit scary considering I'm pregnant and we were miles from any decent hospitals. I called Health Direct and the nurse told me my closest hospital was Nickol Bay hospital - I told her that was in Karratha - 6 hours away!! Luckily, the vomiting etc passed quickly and by the next morning I was pretty much better. No one else caught it either which was a relief. The next morning we walked to the bakery for breakfast. 

Sienna eating a sausage roll for breakfast...as you do!
There are little birds all over the roof near the bakery - the kids enjoyed watching them. 

Then a quick play at the park before going back to the beach...
I love the kids facials in these photos of Daddy pushing them



Back to Coral Bay beach and Alissa is proud of her sandcastle! 


Clinton and Harrison went in search of Aryers Rock again but this time in a kayak...they found it and had a long snorkel around it.


Sienna practising


Such crystal clear water!

The girls having a turn with Daddy




After a nice morning at the beach we started the one hour drive to Exmouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment